This page is a duplicate of the contents from the Mac App Store. You cannot reach the Mac App Store with a phone, tablet or Windows computer. To reach the Mac App Store (from a Mac) click the button below:
Mac App Store Description
Our “rebalancing engine” sets BalancingAct apart from all other investment portfolio management software. Much like TurboTax® software helps you file income taxes, BalancingAct helps you manage your portfolio — like a pro.
Don’t pay high investment management fees or compromise with an automated service. You can do it yourself, and save $$$.
BALANCING ACT — Investment portfolio rebalancing for the rest of us.
We are constantly reminded to diversify our portfolio by investing in different asset classes (domestic stocks, foreign stocks, bonds, etc.). Based on our risk tolerance, choose a target proportion for each asset class and stick to it. Rebalance whenever the actual proportions deviate from our target. Rebalancing imposes a “buy-low sell-high” discipline that eliminates emotion. The concept is simple. All too often we don’t follow this advice because we are not confident or get trapped in messy details. Now you can rebalance using this unique software that was designed from the ground up for the individual investor, regardless of portfolio size or complexity.
• Enter account type (taxable, IRA, 401K, etc.), tax rates and custodian.
• Enter basic information (ticker symbol, purchase date, shares, basis) for each holding.
• Assign asset class and type (stock, bond, mutual fund, etc.) for each holding.
• Specify target proportions for each asset class.
• Update prices (a single click for listed securities).
• Calculate trades required to rebalance the portfolio, while minimizing trading costs (a single click).
• Execute trades via your account custodian.
All entries are retained in a local database, private to your computer. Subsequent rebalancing requires updating your portfolio accounts for trades, deposits, withdrawals and interest or dividends.
A portfolio can contain multiple accounts (in-app purchase required for additional accounts). Rebalancing complexity increases with added accounts and so does the potential for saving on commissions and taxes. Ideally your portfolio will be the aggregation of all accounts in your household — this maximizes rebalancing benefits, especially when there is a mix of taxable and tax-advantaged accounts.
Aggregating your accounts has the side benefit of showing you the big picture. This is especially helpful when you have accounts held by different custodians.
BalancingAct is preconfigured for immediate use.
• Asset Classes
• Asset Types
• Custodians, including commission schedule
Preconfigured entries are easily modified to suit individual needs. You can define your own classes, types and custodians. Asset types provide a way to define typical bid-ask spread, since this hidden trading cost is included in the rebalancing engine. The fee schedule for popular retail custodians (Fidelity, Schwab, Vanguard among others) is built in. Fees for unusual securities or circumstances (like “free” trades that are not always free) are included. These are also customizable.
DOCUMENTATION AND SUPPORT
• In-app help, with examples
• General info — http://www.statespacetech.com
• Online help — http://www.statespacetech.com/help/
• Email support — see online help for details
• BalancingAct is optimized for use by individuals or couples subject to US income taxes. You can eliminate the tax-aware rebalancing feature by setting tax rates to zero. You should confirm that these tax-related features fits your individual needs.
• Assets are assumed to be denominated in US dollars.
• TurboTax is a trademark of Intuit Inc.